Thursday, September 22, 2011

Precious Lydia

Precious Lydia,

You will be 5 months old tomorrow! It is surely time I sit down and write a letter to my precious little girl. I still can't believe I have a little girl! I thought I might have several boys before a girl may join our family, and here you are! Lydia was a name I hoped to use one day...to have a little Lyddie.

Your smile absolutely brightens my day and certainly brightens each moment I am able to see it. Your curly grin goes right up to your eyes which join that smile in complete sweetness. Sometimes, you wrinkle your nose and that sweet face offers a cheesey grin...so similar to the way your Daddy makes his goofy smile to you kids. Boy oh boy (or girl oh girl) do you look like your Daddy! You certainly are Daddy's girl too!

You seem to be a bit of a snuggler, and oh do I soak that up! (Daddy too) You have on rare occasion joined us in the wee hours of the morning in bed...trying to give your brother an opportunity to get sleep. You roll into me and snuggle in, and of course, I can't sleep a wink! Sometimes you curl up when I'm holding you with your arms tucked in and sticking your little bottom out to find that perfect cozy spot and sort of hum to try to go to sleep.

You've been sleeping about 10 1/2- 11 hours at night for awhile now. You may sleep longer if you had your own room, but nevertheless, you have the fun of sharing a room with your big brother. In the morning, I hear Stevie jabbering and you cooing. He likes to peek over your crib in the morning and greet you! You give him a big smile because you know he's there even though your eyes are still trying to adjust to the light.

Right now your favorite things are your feet and just being a part of the group. You seem to like me or Daddy to sing you to sleep for naps. You're getting good with your hands, putting the pacifier in and out of your mouth (sometimes successfully the right way and sometimes not) as well as other toys. You have your first cold right now. Despite the buggery nose, you're still pretty cheerful.

I am so thankful to see that smile and hear that sweet giggle come from your belly. You often like to do a belly, clear your throat sort of "ha" laugh to get our attention and to get us to pick you up. After those long months of colicky crying, I savor each bout of cheerfulness you show now. Stevie lights up and smiles when you smile, giggle, and talk too. He loves to rub your little head and say, "Nice. Nice." You two sure are a pair in the backseat of the van or in your cribs in your room. It's either joyful or unhappy noises from the both of you. When you cry, your tender hearted big brother is usually sharing your tears. If he's not sharing your tears, he says, "It's ok. It's ok." to you. I hope and pray you will continue to be a close team, playing together, lifting each other up and encouraging each other through the harder times, and rejoicing together in the good times.

I love you so much Lydia Faith. Your name means beautiful and of noble kind, and of course, faithful. You are a princess of the most high King, and you are fearfully and wonderfully made, a true beauty! May your beauty and faith grow as you grow in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man. Your name verses share our prayer for your life: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light" (1 Peter 2:9). "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12). I'm confident God has amazing plans for your life, Lydia. I'm so glad He chose to put you in our family, so that we can be a part of your growing and a part of the plans He has for you. So my Lydia, hold onto your sweetness and smile, grow in your faith, and realize your precious worth in the eyes of your Creator and in the eyes of your family.

Love always and with a kiss,
Mom

No comments: