Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I'm not sure if this is technically happening this week, but it is here! It's been awhile, and apparently, I'm running out of "good stuff"...that, or I just can't ever remember it.

I am not beginning to think my spelling has gone out the window. Reading over posts already published, I noticed I spelled immersed this way: emersed, haha (among some other recent misspellings). Really, a person would not spell words incorrectly, especially if she has a Literacy degree (my husband did not point out while reading...let alone a MASTER'S degree in Literacy. Alright already!). I mean, come on. Maybe I should edit my posts, but honestly, sometimes those mind blocks last awhile. (You know what it's called, "baby brain." The definition: if a woman forgets many common things she used to know or be able to say or do from the time of conception to the end of all time, she is said to have baby brain.)

I did not spill a brand new box of Cheerios on the kitchen floor this week. My little man was in his high chair looking down with his wide eyes. I did not say, "Oh no! Mommy made a big mess," and call out for our non-existent dog. Where is that dog?...just so I wouldn't have to clean it up. I also do not think that would be the only reason to have a dog at this time in our lives...to clean up the food messes. Then I would not have resigned to using my socked foot to sweep them into a pile before using a broom. It's certainly not because I think I know a better way.

I would not think sometimes I'd rather never even buy a house because of the risks and the work behind getting it. Hmm, I'm starting to sound lazy, huh? (No, just ready to drop the whole idea, wait awhile, or maybe jump in so it's over).

Speaking of the house hunt, we are not considering a house that has a make shift above ground pool inserted in the ground... at the end of the driveway. No, really, it's at the end of the driveway. I guess the idea was run and jump? Drive and jump? Bike and jump? That wouldn't give you an idea of our price range now would it? I'm too private to reveal that kind of information. Oh, it's kind of country-ish out there too. Oh, you guessed that? (In case you're wondering...we think we'd do something about that pool thing. We aren't really drive and jump type people. But maybe we'll convert it to a hot tub because we seem to be that type of people. You know the kind...rednecks with a hot tub at the end of their driveway. Ok, maybe not.)

I would not be letting my son play with my shoes (his favorite activity) so I can type this ever so interesting post.

This post would not make me motivated to get things done because I feel like I'm wasting my time and possibly yours.

Updated later:
Ok, here's another one I remembered. This morning while getting ready I would not take notice of an item in our bathroom garbage...such an item as my husband's deodorant. He didn't tell me he was almost out. I love Matt, but that man needs to wear deodorant! So, I did not groan and worry about how bad he'd smell when he got home from work because he was all out of the deo for his b.o. Fast forward. Matt came home from work, Stevie was snoozed on the floor, and we got wrapped up in conversation...until...he wafted his arm pits towards me. I would not exclaim, "Oh no you don't! No! Ew, I know you don't have deodorant on!" I turn away to see Stevie eyeing us, just awakened by my exclamations and laughing. My husband would not reply, "No, I'm wearing yours!"

So, I probably did not redeem my Not Me! posts with that addition, but there you have it anyway.

No comments: