Monday, January 17, 2011

Do You Know How Much You're Loved?

So, today has not been going very smoothly for me, but for you, Stevie? You have been so content today. I am so thankful for you.

The other day, as Daddy was getting you up in the morning, he was singing this crazy song about you that he was making up as he went. It was something about you being his boy. It was silly. The thing that stuck out to me though, not even being in the room, was how much your Daddy loves you. This moment in time stood still as I stood in the next room and just listened to him and to you. Your Dad loves you so much he isn't afraid to be silly with you and sing like an opera man to make you smile. And so I wonder, do you know how much your Daddy loves you? Do you know how much your Mommy loves you? I felt in that moment, that yes, you enjoyed the song, but did you know, did you really know, as I do and Daddy does, the depth of our love for you...even in a silly song. You are just so little to understand it.

Later that day, Daddy was coming down the stairs, and we were playing in the living room. As he descended, he was singing that song again, "Oh, Stevie boy!" As soon as you heard him, a little smile curled across your lips and you walked quickly to the stairs to meet him. Do you know how special it is to be his little boy?

It's just another one of those instances where I see a little more of our God's love for us. We are so small and lack so much understanding. I bet there are times when God looks at us in love and says, "If only you could fully grasp how much I love you." We think we do, and at times, we have what seems like a pretty good idea of His great love, but oh how much more we have yet to learn and experience. And Stevie, you are helping me learn more about His love for us everyday, and we pray that through us, you are also learning more about His love for you each day.

I love you so much, Stephen! Love always, Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post!

Amy Snow said...

Thanks for finding me again. YOU ARE SO TINY! Hard to believe what you told me. Hehehehe!