Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lydia's 1st Christmas

I thought I'd share some of our Christmas pictures while a squirmy 8 month old tries to type her own message on here:
























Yes, it was Lydia's 1st Christmas which makes things extra exciting. Our kids together are the dynamic duo (if you haven't already noticed in the pictures) and to remember this year, I decided to put some of their shared moments to song.

Lydia's 12 Days of Christmas:

On the 12th day of Christmas my Big Bro gave to me

12 goodnight kisses
11 Thomas re-runs
10 tickling fingers
9 mismatched socks
8 early wake-ups
7 bonked heads
6 swigs of apple juice
5 cups of puffs


4 pulled out hair bows

3 racecar sleepers (hand-me-downs of course)
2 candy pez
and a wrapped chocolate kiss fished-out by mom


We had a wonderful Christmas. It was probably one of my favorite ones so far as a little family. It was simple, and we all enjoyed dressing up for Church Christmas morning (Stevie and Daddy in matching shirts and almost matching ties). Lydia gave us the biggest reaction to her gifts, which surprised us, haha. Stevie sure got into the giving part a little too much...with the candy, juice, and puffs. Whenever I hear, "Here a go" (horray for another sentence!), I need to go see what's being given away. "We share our toys not our food and cups." Apparently, Stevie was more into the Pez dispenser than the candy itself, so I guess it was an "easy" giveaway. They are becoming more interactive (which is definitely a wonderful thing) and it's so much fun to see.

No comments: