Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow's the day! It's Christmas Eve and the day of our ultrasound! I can't wait to have more pictures to post, and a VHS tape to watch of our baby. Now, let me get this straight. We can see my baby in my womb in great detail, tell whether it's a boy or girl, but they have not become technologically advanced enough to upgrade to DVD? I even have to go to a different place other than my doctor's office where I had my other ultrasounds because... I don't know, they have better technicians and a VCR? Oh well. Any thoughts to make that switch over so it will last? We sent in tapes from our wedding to Walmart, but I think it was like $40 to put them on DVD.

I think the baby will be a surprise, unless the baby wants to flip at the right moment and give us a surprise of his or her own, or if the tech slips up. I'm still super curious, but I know I'll be happy in the end waiting. I tested this theory out a bit. I gave Matt one of his Christmas presents early, on our anniversary. It was a tool I was very excited to give him, one he hadn't even known about! (He loves working on cars and fixing things.) He loved it, but I was disappointed after I gave it to him because I ruined the surprise. I should've waited. I am such a goof. I may spoil the surprise tomorrow anyway...you know, spur of the moment yell out,"Oh, just tell me!" We have also considered having the tech write it on a slip of paper and seal it in an envelope to open on Christmas morning. If we do that, we will definitely open it, unless it's destroyed! We'll know tomorrow!!

No comments: