Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!...With Pictures

So, the baby is still a surprise to us! Well, Matt is convinced the baby is a boy, but we don't know for sure. We have the boy/girl ultrasound picture in an envelope. Believe it or not, during the ultrasound, the tech said, "Ok, I'm going to the gender now, do you want to look away?" Matt said, "Let's find out!"

"What??? .... Maybe we should put it in the envelope since I don't think you really want to know right now." He agreed, but peeked anyway! He said he couldn't see anything. He was just peeking real quick and nothing had been shown yet. So, we had her put the picture in the envelope, with some intentions of opening it this Christmas morning. It is still by the tree unopened, and as of right now, we are thinking of trying to hold off till the big day! Call us crazy or patient...but we may just lose patience and tear it open one day. I am quite content having the video for now that I have already watched at least a dozen times trying to see what I can or can't see. :)

Guess what else? Two nights ago, I think I felt movement for the first time. It felt like if you stick your finger in your cheek and pushed on it quickly. Then yesterday morning, I was really hungry, ate breakfast and started drinking all that cold water for the ultrasound. Baby was on the move! At least, I think it was the baby. I was sooo excited! Yes, I drank what I was told (actually, a little less) and the tech had me empty my bladder because it was too full. Umm, the reason for this whole charade again is....?? Oh, and I'm back to my original due date now, May 22nd. So, I'm 19 weeks. I wonder if it'll change again.

They are kind of blurry, but oh well.



No comments: