Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Monday

How about a Not Me! Monday! post. It's been awhile...


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My son, who happens to be 7 months old today, tends to grunt when he plays hard or lifts toys, etc. He certainly does not get the grunting from me. I also have not responded to my son's grunts in such a way as this, "You won't know what hard work is until you become a mother!" If I did say such an impossible thing, it would of course be a silly thing mentioned in love!

On Christmas Eve, it is the appropriate thing to get all dressed up for the Christmas Eve service. I most certainly did not resign my imaginary title of Mother of the Year by letting my boy, on his first Christmas Eve, at his first Christmas Eve service, wear a white onesie covered in spit up under his dressy shirt. The spit up would not have shown through the top either! I also would not let my husband put him in the gray socks he did...that would be oh so obvious under his short pant legs. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve despite these things...I mean, if I were to do that, I might have still had a smile on my face.

On Christmas morning, I did not ask Matt to change Stevie into yet another set of pajamas for our pictures...(that would be utterly ridiculous)...the ones I would not have purchased before Stevie was born...thus, before knowing he was a boy...that I did not dream of a little boy one day walking down the stairs to the Christmas tree in. They would not be 18 month sized and fit him now...so the dream of him walking, well, the reality would have to wait.

My husband is a great diaper changer. We, being as classy as we are, of course would not decline to get a diaper genie for our lad's loaded diapers. We would not just use old Walmart bags...that would not sit outside our boy's room so he could, you know, breathe at night! My husband and I do not make sport of such a practice by shooting the diapers into our Walmart clad basket. Matt has not, umm, hit his lovely wife (a number of times) with above said messy diapers as I enter the room. If that did happen, I certainly would learn from it and look or wait until the change is over before entering the room.

I would not post our Christmas card after the new year to my bloggy friends and wish them a merry Christmas!


I have not been sitting on a post since a few short weeks after Stevie was born...and have not been too embarrassed to publish it. Instead of publishing, I have not continued to add a few thoughts here and there. It would not be about all the necessities of becoming a new parent, diaper genie, of course, not included.

No comments: