Friday, February 15, 2008

Bump in the Road

Ok, so I didn't write this, I wasn't going to write this...but here's to honesty. I can't always be worried about offending. My whole day wasn't wonderful. I cried the whole way home from dinner because I found out Matt's brother is getting married in May. No, I'm not a scrooge about weddings, I actually love going to weddings. However, Matt will miss it. He will have missed both brothers' weddings because of the military, and it's so disappointing. It's true, weddings are not the most important or lasting part of marriage, it's only 1 day, but it is the holy time of vows, the committment before God and friends and family, and the beginning of a lifetime of love through the good and bad. I know Matt wants to be there...so much. His brother was Matt's best man. It breaks my heart knowing how much he wishes he could be there and that he can't...unless some miracle happens. And yes, my "humanness" and "fight for my Man" part of me is angry at the timing. Hence, why I cried the whole way home. This is one of those times it stinks not being in the driver seat. And so I am reminded, "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8). I think I need to roll down my tinted window so I can let some more light in. So there again! I'm stretching myself by telling more of the real stuff.

*I love you, Matt!

No comments: