Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14, 2008...next year will be way better

Today is Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day isn't a huge holiday for me. Let's face it, it's only been the past 2 years that I've had my Special Someone. I'm not opposed to the holiday, it's just not my super favorite. I think it can be a good reminder when life gets so busy to make sure you let your loved one/s know you love them and care. It's also kind of fun. Plus, I like any day that emphasizes chocolate. So, I guess my idea of the day makes it a little easier for me, considering our circumstances.

I did receive my favorite Valentine's Day gift today though...an email from Matt! It had been a week. I was so happy to see it! He's not having the best time...to put it lightly, he's literally working like 20 hour days. I wish I could do something. I wish I could be more. I wish I could give him a good gift. I wish I could massage his neck and shoulders and give him the rest he needs. I'm sure he's exhausted. I have dreams, almost every night, that he surprises me. He comes home for a short leave. Last night, I dreamt I went to see him. Dreams are so weird. You know, everything is so real. I can feel his hugs in my dreams. I really miss those. I can't recreate them in my mind, except for me looking on him hugging "me." So anyway, my prayers are for good rest for Matt for Valentine's Day, and also for a better working environment as a whole.

So what did I do today? I subbed in a 2nd grade classroom and spent the day with super sugar-high 7 year olds. I told them my favorite kind of Valentine Candy is Hershey Kisses, and I received some by the end of the day :) It was fun, but I was ready to go home and relax by the end. I also went out to dinner with Matt's parents at Uno's. It was a special time, and we laughed a lot. I had the buffalo chicken quesadilla. I know, it's supposed to be an appetizer, but it was soo good! So there, I stretched myself by trying something new. I didn't order my same old personal pizza or the potato skin pizza (a delicious choice). It's all about those baby steps...for me and Bill Murray!!

*I love you, Bubba!! Happy Valentine's Day! We're almost down in the 7 month range. Wow, that is huge! 7 months is a lot better than 12!!

No comments: